Topics of Interest
What is Myorthotics?
- Do you have a spinal problem?
- Do you suffer from a sore back or neck?
- Do you have aches and pains in your muscles?
- Are you always stiff and sore when waking and throughout the morning?
Myorthotics may be the answer for you!!!
This non-invasive, non-chiropractic technique is very effective for the relief of joint pain, muscle pain, and spinal pain. It is simple to perform and can take 15 – 20 minutes for each patient.
Myorthotics was the brain child of the late, great Robert Lucy, founder of “The College of Somatic Studies”
Myothotics means “Myo” for muscle and “orthotics” for support and relaxant, for it is a muscle support and relaxant technique.
As the muscle and other soft tissue of the body assume their correct length and position, they release their pressures on the spine and the spine then assumes a position which is comfortable for the patient.
Myorthotics is a non-invasive soft tissue technique involving ligaments and muscles. When muscles spasm, joint spaces can be narrowed and nerves trapped in the spasmed fibre.
The ligaments that join muscles to bone each have a channel to move in. If these ligaments are not in their correct channel, they become inflamed and swollen, causing pain.
- Do not use any form of heat on body for 12 hours following treatment.
no hot baths or showers.
- When sitting Sit straight with both feet on floor.
- Do not sit for more than one hour at a time without getting up and moving around.
- Do not sit in a cold draught or go swimming in cold water for 12 hours
- Take it easy for 24 hours, no exercise.
- No massage for at least 5 days after.
had been suffering lower back pain for years when I heard about Chris Tompson. Within days of my first visit the pain had disappeared. With regular maintenance visits I have found that the pain I had suffered previously is kept under control.
I have been going to Chris for the past 5 years and I have found Myorthotics was always great for me. I always walk out of there feeling so different, 100% better. I would recommend this treatment to anyone who suffers from back pain or discomfort. Chris is such a caring person.