What is the immune system?
The immune system is a complex network of cells and proteins that defends the body against infection. The immune system keeps a record of every germ (microbe) it has ever defeated so it can recognise and destroy the microbe quickly if it enters the body again.
There are 3 immune systems
- Innate – Everybody is born with innate or (natural immunity).
- Adaptive – works to protect and heal the body when the innate immune system fails. It provides the body with the ability to recognise and remember specific pathogens through their antigens.
- Passive – Naturally acquired passive immunity occurs during pregnancy, when antibodies are passed from the maternal blood into the foetal bloodstream.
Passive form of artificial immunity involves introducing an antibody into the system once a person has already been infected with a disease, ultimately relieving the present symptoms of the sickness, and preventing re-occurrence.
What suppresses your immune system?
- Stress and anxiety
- Lack of sleep
- Low Vitamin D
- Poor diet, to few fruits and vegetable
- High fat diet
- To little time outside, not enough sunlight and breathing fresh air.
- Lack of exercise
4 simple ways to boost your immune system.
1 Reduce Stress
Here are a few methods that will help you to reduce stress.
Breathing exercises – most people breathe shallowly and when under stress you breath shallower. You should breathe through your stomach, so when you breath in your stomach rises and on the out-breath contracts.
So, breath in for the count of 5, hold for the count of 5 and breath out for the count of 5. Keeping in mind that you’re a breathing from your stomach. As your breathing technique improves you can extent the times of breathing in and out.
Meditation – there are many ways to meditate, breathing exercises, focusing technique, alpha meditation, self hypnosis technique, guided mediation tapes, or just listening to relaxing music.
We will cover the different forms of meditation in future blogs as each one is a subject on its own.
Physical exercise reduces immune system chemicals that can make depression worse and will also increase your level of endorphins, which are natural mood lifters. Also it helps by getting your sleep patterns back to normal.
2 Natural Supplements
Vitamin D3 – Vitamin D3 is a fat-soluble vitamin and can get stored in your body, best thing to do before starting on Vitamin D3 is to get a blood test to see what your levels are at Present.
Remember the saying we are what we eat and that is very true let’s assist our immune systems by eating a balanced diet making sure we increase our fruit and vegetables. Also, whole grains, good fats (avocado, olives, olive oil salmon sardines, nuts, sesame seed sunflower seeds and flaxseed) and Protein.
Keeping away from processed foods, confectionary, sugar, and salt.
One of the best things you can do for your health is eat as naturally as possible and eating as much organic food as possible.
The human body is estimated to be around 60 to 70% water. Blood is mostly water, and our muscles, lungs, and brain all contain a lot of water.
The reasons we need to drink between 2.5 to 3 litres daily are:
- Regulate body temperature
- Provide the means for nutrients to travel to all our organs, which is necessary for body function.
- Water also transports oxygen to our cells,
- Remove waste (through urine and bowel motions.)
- Protect our joints and organs.
- It is needed for Digestion, Absorption, Circulation and Excretion
- Helps the body metabolise stored fats (helps in weight loss and reducing cellulite)
- Improves the look of our hair, skin, eyes, and muscle tone.
- Balances the PH in our body (It is important, as a lot of modern diseases can be helped by having the right PH and reducing acidity.)
Most people who suffer from pH imbalance are acidic. This condition forces the body to borrow minerals – including calcium, sodium, potassium, and magnesium – from vital organs and bones to buffer (neutralise) the acid and safely remove it from the body. Because of this strain, the body can suffer severe and prolonged damage due to high acidity – a condition that may go undetected for years. Here is a great water filter that creates Alkaline Mineral water Alkaline Water Purifier
Here are just a few of the benefits of alkaline water around 8.5-8.9 PH
- Immune system support – Scientist, Nobel Laureate and researchers have prove that an alkaline PH of 8+ is crucial for immunity.
- anti-aging properties (via liquid antioxidants that absorb more quickly into the human body)
- colon-cleansing properties
- Bone health and osteoporosis
At the end of the day it is up to us to take responsibility for our own health and wellbeing and the best way to look after our self is a healthy, strong immune system.