Quinoa salad is an excellent source of a variety of essential vitamins & minerals. It contains high levels of magnesium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, & manganese. This salad makes it an ideal choice for those looking to improve their health & wellbeing.
Plus, red capsicum & chickpeas added to the salad, increases protein, fibre & vitamins.
Quinoa has anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
This salad can be a delicious and nutritious part of any meal. It is a great way to get more nutrition into your diet without sacrificing taste or flavour.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed in a fine-mesh colander
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed & drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded & chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped red onion (from 1 small red onion)
- 1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (from 1 large bunch)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Place rinsed quinoa in saucepan with 2 cups water & bring to boil on a medium-high heat,
- Remove lid of saucepan & decrease to a gentle simmer for 15 minutes until all water absorbed. Remove from heat, cover, & let it rest for 5 minutes. Then fluff quinoa with a fork.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the chickpeas, cucumber, bell pepper, onion & parsley. Set aside
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic & salt. Whisk until blended, then set aside.
- Once the quinoa is cool, add it to the serving bowl, & drizzle the dressing on top. Toss until the mixtures combined. Season with black pepper, to taste, & add an extra pinch of salt if necessary. Set aside for at least 10 minutes or more.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
I love this recipe for its versatile ingredients & the added nutrition that comes with it. There’s something about this combination of quinoa, red capsicum & chickpeas, that is delicious! So, enjoy a nutritious meal today with a delicious quinoa salad.