Happy New Year
I hope everybody had a fantastic Christmas and a brilliant New Years Eve.
Now that we are starting a new year this is a good time to reassess our health and those few extra kilo’s that are so easy to put on over the Christmas break.
Let’s begin the New Year on the right track, the same way as we plan to continue throughout the following year.
The 3 most important areas we need to look at are, detoxifying our body, sluggish metabolism and dropping those few kilo’s.
Detoxifying The Body
How Does Detoxification Work?
Basically, detoxification means cleaning the blood. It does this mainly by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin. However, when this system is compromised, impurities aren't properly filtered and every cell in the body is adversely affected.
Where should we begin?
The human’s ability to deal with food relies on the effective functioning of 3 regular daily cycles.
Noon to 8pm ---- Appropriation (eating and digestion)
8pm to 4am ---- Assimilation (absorption and use)
4am to Noon ---- Elimination (of body wastes and food debris)
- This is the best place to start, try to eat as clean as possible, stick to plenty of vegetables, salad and fruit with a small amount of lean animal or vegetable protein. Try not to combine protein and starchy foods together as this will slow down your digestion, e.g. Bread and Protein (chicken, meat, seafood and dairy), Pasta and Protein (chicken, meat or seafood) and Meat and Potato.
- Try to eat only fruit from Breakfast through to Lunchtime as this will help continue your body’s elimination that was started the night before without overloading the system by trying to digested heavy foods first up in the morning when your body has not dealt with the food from the previous day.
- From lunch through to dinner is when your body should be doing it’s major digestion of food, so for Lunch and Dinner your meals should consist of Salad, Vegetables, Fruit and one form of Protein, whether it is, meat, seafood, chicken or dairy. This will give you a perfect combining of the right foods as well as optimum digestion.
- Snacks should be fruits, vegetables or juices (vegetable or fruit).
- Cut out all the fast foods, preservatives and additives.
Don’t forget to make sure you are drinking your 2.5 to 3 litres of filtered water daily. Water works on every part of the body’s functions from digestion through to elimination, also helping in ridding us of stored toxins in our body.
Is very important, try to exercise at least 2 to 4 times a week for a minimum of 30 to 45 minutes, as this will work on the following areas:
- Improve your metabolism,
- Weight loss,
- Tone your body,
- Produce more endorphins which will give you a feeling of well being.
It does not matter what exercise you do as long as you are enjoying it, it can be as simple as going for a walk to working out in the gym
Try to also take a little time out to relax, whether it is meditation, listening to a relaxation tape or a beautiful piece of music, going for a walk, tai-chi or yoga. You only need to take 20 minutes once or twice daily to make a big difference on your stress levels, which in turn can affect every part of your body.
- St Mary’s Thistle is fantastic for picking up the liver function, which in turn will help with eliminating toxins out of the body.
- Gingko Biloba helps improve the circulatory system.
- Super Reds and Super Greens also help the body to detoxify as well as supplying the body with all the nutrients it needs to produces healthier cells, which in turn is a healthier you.
- Natural HGH Complex would be excellent for breaking down that excess body fat as well as toning up the body
At this point of time I would like to thank everybody that I have had the pleasure of working on or emailing in the past year, for their support, humour and knowledge that they have imparted to me without even realizing.
I hope you all have a healthy, happy and harmonious new year.